Saturday, January 23, 2021

Snippets + Tidbits About Me

My name is Katia (kah-tea-yah) Goldsberry, and I'm a West Career and Technical Academy 2020 graduate, and a first time student here at CSN majoring in CADD technology. Born and raised here in Las Vegas, I've somehow managed to come to terms with the heat, grown accustom to the predictable, unpredictable weather. Although, I've come to tolerate, and find beauty in the desert, I continue to long for crisp rainy days, dark clouds, and hot tea.

My passion for reading and writing bloomed with the help of my first grade teacher, who presented reading to me as a second world. Since then I've accumulated an assortment of books, notebooks, sticky notes, and weathered pages with dialogue, and brainstormed ideas for my various novellas. Despite the various challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought upon my family and I, we've still managed to find some enjoyment in these new found circumstances. I've shopped from more smaller businesses, added more plants, to my window sill and bedroom, and have began to nurture a love for precious stones and crystals.

Along with that, I've come to know a little more about myself and others. Originating from a family with two younger sisters I've learned a few tips and tricks about wise spending habits. Therefore, I acquired a love for thrifting, and came to be a kinder human to the Earth. I grew up a PBS kids kind of kid with a never ending love for Curious George that no doubt still remains (and I will gladly accept all gently used donations towards my nostalgic collection). Among many other things, I enjoy Engineering, and therefore am excited to envelope myself in this journey towards my Certificate of Achievement in CADD Technology at the College of Southern Nevada. 

17 comments:

  1. I came to Las Vegas when I was 10 years old. You are a true Las Vegas native :-)

    Very touching to hear your first grade teacher helped you to develop a passion for reading. A love for thrifting and became a kinder human to the earth, nice!

    May your affinity for engineering carry you through the journey toward your Certificate of Achievement in Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).

    Welcome to IS101-2003, Spring 2021 Katia ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you have immediately jumped into college right out of high school! I couldn't agree with you more on the heat and "predictable, unpredictable weather"! It's amazing on your aspect to being kinder human-being, the world definitely needs more people like us. I look forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! I'm glad you connect with me on being a nice human :) And yes, I too look forward to working with you soon Ryan!

      Delete
  3. Katia: I would really love to hear more one day about what it was like to graduate high school during a pandemic! I am sure you were already somewhat introduced to the online format, but are you more or less inclined to online schooling now that you're in college?
    Thrifting is a beautiful hobby and also a when it's done out of necessity! There are some hidden gems.
    Please keep reading! Now, with a business, full-time, per diem, and school, all I want to do is relax and read a book. Take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly different, and for the most part it's only settling in now :/ I'm not a big fan on online schooling, so I aimed to get remote classes (so I could still interact and meet new people). And you're so right, so many preloved treasures!! And I sure will :)

      Delete
  4. It's very rare to find a native Las Vegas who was born and raised here. I feel like the weather here is too hot and dry, but the winter is okay LOL. We should go ice skating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! And winter is certainly the only thing that manages to keep me going when it’s hot during the summer months. Oh my goodness I haven’t been ice skating in a moment!!! I’ll need a lot of help since I’ll need to revive my skills 😂😂

      Delete
  5. I was also born and raised in Las Vegas,and have seen many changes as the years have passed.I have heard that the CADD classes can be fun. I wish you the best in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how nice! I look forward to joining the CADD classes soon. I had a minor introduction to it in High School, and can't wait to become proficient in it.

      Delete
  6. I know it's only a small part of your story but I can't imagine growing up with sisters. I grew up with only brothers so when there was a dispute my mom would let us fist fight it out. I think having sisters, the fights would be so much worse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I have always wanted an older brother (or two), so much so I made up an imaginary brother when I was younger :). Although my sisters and I have had a fair share of disputes, we never had too much hands on combat. Now that we're older though it's more about the best comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've lived in Las Vegas for over ten years already and I still can't deal with the intense heat. It's nice whenever winter comes though because I prefer the cold so that I can wrap myself in blankets and wear my hoodies everywhere. I've also come to appreciate those gloomy, rainy days that you long for because it never rains here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like you have a lot of promise ahead of you. Las Vegas definetely isn't my type of climate, to be honest, and I would love to move in the near future. I do, although, find Las Vegas to be a convenient place to live, in its own right and has its desirable physical features.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you rate the education quality and your experience at west Career and Technical Academy? I applaud you on your decision to join college right out of high school. You are gearing your road map on the right direction including your ambitions to be a kinder human being. Go Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yoo that's really cool, I am actually in the works of writing my second book. Super cool that you are into some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only just recently began living in las Vegas in 2019, I find it to be fascinating. I too grew up a PBS kid. Although id have to say my show was Bill Nye the science guy or the magic school bus. Both of which my daughters are forced to watch now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll read a book every now and then, and if I get into it I'll read an entire series. But I could never see myself writing a book, I have always hated writing essays and such.

    ReplyDelete