Monday, February 15, 2021

How To : Dutch Baby with Cardamom Honey Apples

It's one thing to be knowledgeable, and another to use that knowledge and teach others.

So today I'm going so share one of my favorite dishes with everyone. This is one meal that my family adopted, and enjoys to make and serve with grits, bacon, and eggs. Fall and winter seasons make this an extremely special warm treat, and is a perfect go to for a "breakfast for dinner" kind of evening.

This dish is such a lovely meal that only requires 10 ingredients, and can be made to serve in about 45 minutes : Maria Simmons, Pancakes A to Z | Dutch Apple Pancake.

INGREDIENTS 
Makes 4 Servings 

Dutch Baby Pancake
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter 

Cardamom Honey Apples
2 large apples (golden delicious)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1. To make the Dutch Baby: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place an 8-to-10-inch cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet with a heatproof handle in the oven. 2. Combine the eggs, milk, flour, and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Using a pot holder, remove the skillet from the oven an add teh butter; tilt the pan to melt the butter and coat the skillet. Add the batter all at once and immediately return the skillet to the oven. 3. Bake until the pancake puffs up around the edges, 18 to 20 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, make the Cardamom Honey Apples: Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut into thin wedges. Heat the butter in a medium skillet until sizzling. Add the apple wedges and cook, stirring gently, until lightly browned on both sides. Sprinkle with cardamom and stir to coat. Add the honey and heat to boiling. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice. 

5. To serve the pancake, slide it from the skillet onto a large platter. Pour the Cardamom Honey Apples into the center. Cut into wedges and serve, distributing the filling evenly. 

And that's truly it! Hope you take a moment to try it out, and see how you like (love) it. 

13 comments:

  1. "It's one thing to be knowledgeable, and another to use that knowledge and teach others." Well said!

    Thank you for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so very much! I hope you'll get to try it out soon :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!Looks delicious thank you for posting the the recipe.I love deserts that have apple in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! The only things I eat with apples is this dish, applesauce, and McDonalds apple pie. Once they changed their recipe though I stopped liking their apple pies XD. This dish is really like a breakfast type of dessert.

      Delete
  3. I feel like this would be soooooo good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt about that! The apples are sweet and a bit tart that with the vanilla icre cream it'd add such a nice contrast :).

      Delete
  4. It's currently 3 am and now I am very hungry. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Unfortunately I don't know how to cook nor bake. If I ever do, I'll keep this one in mind, it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three a.m is the best time to bake/cook. You've got the recipe though, so you're halfway there XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is served with bacon? I could already taste it! I love putting maple syrup on sausage links, but this idea seems way tastier. Personally, baking is such a challenge because I tend to be impatient with my pastries. Thank you for sharing this. I think it's a perfect and delicious way to find out how much patience I have for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't cook for the life of me, so kudos to you! Maybe you can bring some to class, if we all stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, maybe I can show this to my mom and we can try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks absolutely delicious. I have to attempt to remake that masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good, to bad I am the worst baker alive and would most likely turn that into a bomb LOL.

    ReplyDelete