Thursday, February 4, 2021

A Different Kind of Concert Experience

Covid-19 has changed so many things as it's embedded a itself in our lives. It's opened minds to an entirely new perspective, and forced each person to strive to adapted to new ways of work, school, and life's daily activities, and recreation. One includes live streamed concerts. Although some platforms such as Moment have been around for a period of time, such companies are being shed more light as many remain at home. 

I've been to a few concert events in the past, but none have been for artists that I personally discovered and deeply loved. However, during the lockdown, I was able to tune into small live performances by a few different artists I love. In those few occurrences, I'd realized that despite it not being the same as an in person concert, it still seeped a ton of concert like emotions. Thinking about that now, I'm reminded of a  picture book I'd bought at a book fair in Elementary called "Two eggs please".


The entire book shows different animals ordering eggs and breakfast. Eggs can be scrambled, boiled, pooched, fried, over easy, or sunny-side up. It's still eggs.  The book did a great job at depicting that just because it's different, doesn't mean it's bad, or the wrong way to have something. Despite concerts being social distanced, and a bit limiting at this time, I've still found myself excited to order new album merch, set alarms for EP releases, and watch little live sneak peeks. 

Since I've enjoyed the few times I tuned into artists Instagram lives, I decided to step up and buy a ticket to a concert featuring two of my favorite artists. It'll be my first time streaming a full concert, and I have no idea if I'll receive a paper copy of my ticket as a keepsake, so I made sure to buy a tee for the memories. I am extremely excited for it!

"Different. The Same" - Two Eggs Please 

15 comments:

  1. "Different. The Same" - Two Eggs Please. What a witty and kid-friendly way to convey diversity ^_^

    Streaming a full concert, let me know how you like it :-) Who are that two artists that you are buying the ticket for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is certainly one of my favorites from when I was a kid. I loved it a ton, it was so so lovely <3. The concert was for Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutlers Brent ii album.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever checked out NPR's Tiny Desk? You'd love it! It was way ahead of its time when it started. Though I am a little sad that you have not had the chance to enjoy an in-person concert by an artist you love, I am glad you've enjoyed some of the virtual ones of those you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never checked them out, but I certainly am going to do a little research on it tonight. Me too, but the livestream was still a memorable one! I can't wait to experience in-person ones soon.

      Delete
  3. Love this layout on your blog and the funny article post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so so much Rudie! I'm glad it captivated you :)

      Delete
  4. I've gone to so many concerts and music festivals. When I think back on how close and packed they were I realized it might be awhile before we get back to being able to go. The very last concert I went to was a Trippie Redd in March of last year, and I remember him saying that would be the last stop on his tour because Covid was getting serious. Who would've guessed a year has almost past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I didn't realize how packed we'd be either until we started putting distancing regulations in place. I'm glad you got to attend one before things hit hard, that's so nice Harley!

      Delete
  5. I've had similar experiences with concerts. I haven't been to ones that I truly liked the artists a lot. This sounds interesting to me. Thanks for bringing up these streamed concert services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll be able to tune into some artists live streamed concerts and enjoy those to the full :)

      Delete
  6. Hmm.. I wonder how these concerts would go? I have never been to any but it's nice to see artists doing these for their fans : ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I paid 39 dollars to watch Blackpink's "The Show" concert and it was amazing. They were able to do things that traditional concert wouldn't' be able to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your optimism is absolutely awesome. Regardless of the different ways to view things, you always seem to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe I have ever been to a concert before. I have never gotten to experience those feelings before. the only live things I watch are online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel left out because I have never been to a concert before, other than the Travis Scott concert on Fortnite lol.

    ReplyDelete