Thursday, March 11, 2021

On a +Positive : Just a Little Kind Gesture

 Although we're all living in a fast paced world, it's still vital to inculcate kind gestures as a part of our everyday lives. Whether it's by saying "please" and "thank you", or by commending someone for a job well done, or simply taking the time to wish someone a sincere "have a good day". More than likely, those words will leave an impression on that person as they continue out their day, and you never know how much of a benefit your doing so did.

Recently I've experienced a small yet kind gesture as I've been battling being under the weather. I'd ordered a meal through UberEats and was surprised to find a little note of appreciating on the side of the bag. Despite my feeling unwell, the little note made my day. And no it wasn't because it was a corny or cliché Ziplock commercial quote where the mom packs the daughter a snack and she shares it with another student. Rather, it was a simple expression of thanks, and the smiley face that made a world of difference. 





8 comments:

  1. Sometimes a small gesture make the largest impression :-)

    Glad to see you are feeling better ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you've been feeling under the weather. It's so nice to see you treated yourself to a snack or meal. Sometimes we need to take care of our bodies in order to take care of our mental health. Food cures all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing positive words can go a long way for people. We don't know what that person is fighting in their lives and may need to hear words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to be a barista and I would write coffee puns on the cups. I think it's always extremely evident when the right people work in customer service jobs. Sounds like whoever wrote this could be one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just treating other people nicely can get you far. I remember one time I was ordering a sandwich from Wholefoods and the person taking the order from me was rude despite me being kind and nice to her. I just ended up not ordering whenever I saw her working there :D.. But, hopefully as time passes, things eventually get better than you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually order DoorDash the other day and I got a similar note from my Dasher. I don't recall exactly what the note said, but I contact customer support and tell them to add extra tip to the driver LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, I actually have never used and food delivery services like Door Dash before, but its nice to know that nice people like that deliver food and leave nice thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Human kindness is still alive and well.

    ReplyDelete